Christmas in Barbados-what's on 2018
Christmas in Barbados
It really is no wonder that the beautiful island of Barbados sees visitors flocking to it's shores during the month of December. At Christmas time Barbados provides incredible warm sunny days and slightly cooler evenings than the sticky summer months, making the island the perfect Christmas holiday destination for those living in chillier climes.
Aside from relaxing on one of the island's glorious white sand beaches, there is plenty of festive fun to be had this Christmas in Barbados.
- For some festive Christmas carol cheer head to the charming St Nicholas Abbey (the famous rum distillery) for 'Carols At The Abbey' with the Royal Barbados Police Band on Sunday 23rd December 4-6pm. $25Bds for adults and $5Bds for children, all proceeds are donated to local children's charities. Guests are asked to bring a wrapped children's gift to be given to families in need.
- Sample some traditional Bajan delights (and some of your Christmas favourites) at the highly acclaimed Cin Cin By The Sea restaurant. The Bajan Christmas Lunch Buffet is $130Bds available 12, 13, 14, 19, 20 and 21 December.
- Pick up some last minute gifts at the quirky Holders Farmers Market on every Sunday in December. You'll find lots of locally made cakes, jams etc as well as local artists selling their wares.
- Tides are offering a special Christmas 2 course lunch until 23rd December for $85Bds. Soak in the sea view from either the cool air conditioned or the breezy open air areas of this exquisite waterside restaurant.
- The experience at Limegrove Cinema is a luxurious treat, enjoy a seat with loads of legroom or stretch out on a chaise lounge. You can order wine, beer and delicious hot snacks from your seat. Christmas movies like The Grinch, Ralph The Littlest Reindeer and the new Mary Poppins movie (along with other less festive options!) are showing during December, Tuesdays is buy one ticket get one free!
- Why not head to Holetown on Christmas Eve to see the big day in with a glass of fizz at The Mews Christmas Eve Party.
- If you are looking for somewhere for lunch on the big day, The Fairmont Royal Pavilion Hotel offers an excellent Christmas Day buffet for $98USD per person with childre under 12 half price. Reservations (246) 422 5055 or email [email protected]
Christmas in Barbados is not to be missed. Aside from the beauty of the island there is just so much to experience.